Saturday, January 24, 2009

Morning Shock

So, Monday morning is show and tell. We are going around the circle, with each child sharing some stuffed animal or remote controlled something. Suddenly, in my blind spot, I hear a loud noise. I quickly turn to see sparks flying and a bewildered "Chloe" sitting in front of me similar to a deer in headlights. This brilliant kindergartener thought to remove the metal hairclip from her hair and stick it into the light socket. Her whole hand turned black and left a black mark on the wall. Don't parents teach these kids such things? I probably didn't handle it in the best manner by freaking out and screaming, "Oh my gosh!!!!" We adjusted the morning schedule to have a brief lesson on the dangers of light sockets and how you should NEVER touch them. Less than 2 minutes later, a different little girl is poking at the black spot. Did you not hear the words coming out of my mouth?!? The little girl is fine. I was a bit worried when the office called home and the answering grandparent starting laughing. Huh. Her left leg moves a bit slower than her right now and she no longer knows the B, H, and M letters in the alphabet. Kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment